Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Few Good Days

My last post was a few days ago. I've had quite an eventful few days. First Thursday I had to be up for 5.45 and I didn't get home till 6, during that long day I did not act out what so ever, no with the internet, not alone somewhere and not with someone. Once I arrived home it was out of the question, I don't even think I had any urges.

Friday was a busy day. I stayed home to finish my work and I never acted out. Around 4 I left for some snow camping with almost 20 people. The work was too important to stop and act out and the camping would of been such a wrong place to do anything... so yet another 24 hours free of harm to myself.

Saturday 11.56am now and still nothing although in the shower I got worked up... I let it go and just got out of the shower, and remembered I need to upkeep my blog. Blog = therapy = healing.

So even though I'd like to watch and see people online right this minute, instead I'll turn on a game or something and just do what I'm meant to do on a Saturday... Relax.

The SAA ( http://saa-recovery.org/ ) has a saying, be gentle to yourself... and that's what I intend to do. Sober for almost a week since I started counting. I'm aiming for years... I better keep going.

(expect another post today)

No comments:

Post a Comment